Sign in to follow this  
chisim11

One Platform Pro, multiple sites?

chisim11

Purchased Platform Pro. Currently working on a site. Have other domain names not in use. Am I allow to build another/others site(s) with the same prev purchase. And if so, how would i go about doing that. Thanks.

Rob
Are they all on the same server? How would you do it? The exact same way you did the first except hopefully, you'll make design changes accordingly. Everything else... the same. Remember - Activate PlatformBase!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

chisim11
other domain names are with same hosting company. Not sure they are on same server. Will have to check w/them on that but Why would that matter? I just wanted to know from Pagelines point of view whether the purchased theme was good for multiple websites. I gather your response is a YES. And what do you mean by "except hopefully, you'll make design changes accordingly"

kastelic
You can build multiple sites with your copy of Platform Pro as long as they are all owned by you. For client sites, each sites needs a new license.

chisim11
Appreciate your quick and to-the-point response.

chisim11
Kastelic, I previously asked you... Is it possible on pagelines to have full width pics that take the whole screen? An example: www.trump.com You stated: You can have full-width images in your background by attaching it to the body tag, example: body{background: url(YOUR_IMG) no-repeat fixed;} Is the above code the same thing as If I were to add the image via PlatformPro Settings > Design Control > Background Image.? or is that different? I basically would like to see how my current site or new site will look with that format but do not know what resolution/size, etc is needed for the pics to take the whole site and how to add the additional background images. Also I will have to use transparent elements as you have indicated before to be added to the site. Is there any such documentation on pagelines on how to do that? thanks.

Rob
Actually it's not. You can have a full width image that covers the width of the entire screen, however, you need to make sure that the image is wide enough to cover really wide screens these days as lots of people use wide-screen televisions to browse. I use a 2600px wide image for my header at present on my main site. Another site which has a 1440px wide image actually ends up too narrow (believe it or not) on some computers.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

chisim11
Honestly, after seeing those full width image sites, not sure will go back to the boxy looking sites. Here is another great example: http://accessitaly.net/ It is like a big carousel (I know it is not) where all the background images rotate, I guess like the features. I can add the background image via Design Control > Site Background Image, but no clue how the additional background images are added