Sign in to follow this  
glynt

Using child theme

glynt

Hi all, I've read all the docs and posts I can find about this but without any luck.... I am trying to use a child theme for customisations for the first time. I have successfully copied the file I want to customise (template.postloop.php) to the base folder and made the change I want to make. However, the change doesn't work. However, it works fine when I change the origin file in the platformpro folder. If anyone can help me find what I am doing wrong it would be most appreciated! Many thanks, Glyn (http//:gt-images.net, PlatformPro, increasing size of thumbnails in magazine view by changing the code <?php the_post_thumbnail(array( 40, 40 ));?> in template.postloop.php)

Danny
Hi Glyn, I just did a test and it worked, I made a minor change only. Where did you uploaded the file to and what version of Platform do you have ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

glynt
Hi Danny, Thanks for your message (again!) I made the change via my FTP. I opened the template.overide.php file and pasted in the altered template.postloop.php code, then saved as template.postloop.php in the base directory. The altered file is showing fine in the WordPress theme editor. I am using PlatformPro 1.5.3 Thanks, Glyn

kastelic
Are you sure that you have PlatformBase activated in Appearance -> Themes?

glynt
Well, I thought I had, but I tried it again just to be sure, and it worked! Many thanks, and apologies for a stupid question!!

Rob
There are no stupid questions.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur