Sign in to follow this  
chisim11

Vertical Main Nav

chisim11

Main nav looks ok under chrome and firefox browsers, but only on I.E browser(and only in certain monitors[squares]) does the main nav wraps around and a 2nd horizontal line is created. Can a vertical Navigation be created w/platform pro instead of the more common horizontal nav to avoid this issue w/all browsers?

Danny
Hi Chisim11, Can you provide a link to your site please and also what version of I.E. When you say "only in certain monitors (squares)" can you please explain in more detail ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

chisim11
not widescreen. As stated, it does look ok in some non-widescreen monitors but not all. In my laptop, it looks odd as well as some monitors at work. Others non-widescreen show fine. IE 8 appears to be the version. My site appears under this discussion on something you addressed. http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/comment/73116#Comment_73116/ I rather no longer provide the site name as I have provided the name of the site to some people and they have been able to read some of the forum questions and history when they googled it, which is pretty dissappointing. Also, can you address the 2nd question as I was still thinking about either redoing it or building a new site "Can a vertical Navigation be created w/platform pro instead of the more common horizontal nav to avoid this issue w/all browsers? " appreciate your help.

Rob
Chisim The only way for Danny or I or any of our moderators to help you is to actually see a problem in action and inspect the source code of a site. It is always best to just provide the link in each new post. Having to follow one link to find another simply delays your response time.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob
You can look for a menu style you like here... http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/ . Use the page source to find the menu you like, however, I recommend a fly in menu which you can apply to specific pages or posts all using CSS.

chisim11
I understand. Like I said above I was trying to avoid exposing these discussions in public. Like others in the forum, I didn't think they could be seen publicly and wasn't sure how to do it. I guess I could use tinyurl and enclose link instead of using the domain name. But you get my point right? I dont need my clients to see my pagelines discussions. I want my clients to see information related to my business.

Rob
You can always post the info, let us see it and reply, then edit your post to remove any link after. I do see your point.