Sign in to follow this  
urbanimatic

Featured image missing in custom post types.

urbanimatic

Hi there, i'm using a plugin to show testimonials , the plugin use custom post type and it use featured image as client's photo. The issue is that when using platform the featured image option is not available...it is not a plugin error as i have the same issue with other plugins that make use of featured image and custom post type and when i switch to another theme the featured image option is there. Please advice, -Stelios

Rob
Stelios, custom post types shouldn't really have thumbnails in them as they're usually used for such things as sliders, boxes, soapboxes, carousels, etc. Where would the featured image go? Obviously, it would present serious problems if it were placed in the text are, next to the title in a feature slider over the background.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Danny
Hi Stelios, Add this to your functions.php file in /platformbase [code]// THUMBNAIL SUPPORT FOR CPT'S add_theme_support( 'post-thumbnails', array( 'post', 'YOUR CUSTOM POST TYPE NAME' ) ); [/code] So if your custom post type is Testimonials, replace YOUR CUSTOM POST TYPE NAME with Testimonials so it looks like this: [code]// THUMBNAIL SUPPORT FOR CPT'S add_theme_support( 'post-thumbnails', array( 'post', 'testimonials' ) ); [/code]

Please search our forums, before posting!

urbanimatic
Hi Danny, That did the job :) Thank you very much