Sign in to follow this  
oliverwood

Banner Alignment - Internet Explorer / Firefox

oliverwood

I'm having a real problem getting the 'banner-text' and the 'banner-media' elements to sit next to each other in IE and Firefox. Safari and Chrome display the two banner elements perfectly well but in IE and Firefox the text element sits above the media element. I've tested the problem isn't caused by any of my custom CSS ??“ by removing it and reloading the site ??“ and have also compared the problem page with the Pagelines banner demo page using the Safari element inspector and the Adobe BrowserLab ??“ the pagelines page renders perfectly of course - but I couldn't spot a significant difference in the CSS. I'm sure I'm missing something fundamental here but have hit the brick wall of my ability to solve it. The banner is towards the bottom of the Homepage and is viewable at http://benchworks.joffandollie.co.uk Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Deadline is looming. BTW, really looking forward to the new version of Pagelines that you have in the pipeline. It's a cracking tool. Thanks.

Rob
Have you tried using the Google IE Compatibility option in Misc. Settings? Or checking the box to make Dynamic CSS Inline, also in Misc. Settings?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

oliverwood
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I had already enabled the Google IE Compatibility fix and have just tried checking the Dynamic CSS Inline option. No Joy.

Rob
Oliver, I noted this in Firebug... looks a bit odd [code]

oliverwood
Oh. My. God. How did I miss that? I've been staring at this for too long. I kept adding a percentage symbol after the value in the 'Banner Text Width (In %)' entry field. I think I was misled by the '(In %)' bit of the entry instruction. This has solved the problem completely. You Rangalone, are an eagle eyed CSS super scout. Thank you _very_ much.

Rob
Oliver, don't feel bad. I've done much, much worse. I'm only glad we were able to fix it and now you don't have to worry about the looming deadline and can sleep well. By the by, I too am looking forward to the new release. Sitting on the edge of my seat!