Sign in to follow this  
dugoni

Custom page disappeared from Page Attributes menu...

dugoni

So I've been playing with PlatformPro. Everything has been going more or less OK except that my custom page template disappeared - that is, I can no longer select it as an option when I'm editing a page. If I click the Layout drop-down menu under Page Attributes in the right-hand column of the page editing screen, I see all the other templates - Default, Banner, Box, etc. but not Custom. How do I get it back!?! This is important because I was going to use Custom for the home page... thank you!

Rob
1. How did you create the template? 2. What was the filename? 3. Where did you place the new template? 4. Does it appear when creating or editing a post vs. a page in the template selection list? 5. Does "Custom Page" show up (a default template)?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

dugoni
I edited the Custom Page template in wp-admin/admin.php?page=pagelines. "Custom Page" is one of the options in the Templates drop-down menu. There is no way to create additional templates that I can see within the administrative interface. So Custom Page appears just fine on the settings page. It's when I am trying to create or edit a new page that I notice that Custom Page is no longer one of the templates that I can apply. All the other ones are there, including Default, though. Selecting one of those templates is not an option for creating or editing posts - I don't think it ever has been - there's a slightly different set of options there. I have not touched the actual php files. I did add a couple of styles to the style sheet in the child theme. but I don't see how that could have caused this. More information would be welcome - what can I do to fix this? Thank you.

kastelic
You can create unlimited custom templates that you can add sections to and select as the template for your pages. Here are the instructions from the docs: [code] Adding Drag and Drop Page Templates Adding new templates for adding sections to is really easy as of PlatformPro 1.3. It requires three steps: Add File called page.[page-id].php to Base Add this code to that file (see page.base.php): /* Template Name: Your Page Name */ setup_pagelines_template(); Add ???pagelines_add_page(???[page-id]???, ???[Page Name]???);??™ to the child functions.php file [/code] http://www.pagelines.com/docs/custom-sections As long as all these conditions are satisfied your custom page template will appear. They will be no different than the "custom" template you had before. They are all blank and they are all the same until you add sections to them in Template Setup.

dugoni
Thank you. I found those instructions too (at http://www.pagelines.com/docs/custom-sections). I followed them. Same problem. I'm able to select and edit my new template in the administrative panel, but it doesn't show up as one of the templates I can apply to a page. Could this be a permissions issue? I'm not getting an error message, though.

dugoni
OK, I solved my problem, and it is NOTHING that you guys would have guessed. I had forgotten that I'd made a copy of the child theme folder just in case something went wrong. However, because I'd left it in the same directory, Wordpress got confused and was still pointing to it. Once I moved it out of that directory, all was hunky-dory again. So thank you - and now I know how to make multiple custom pages!

Rob
Great. We like "hunky-dory"! Glad you got there!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

stuart
The template drop down isn't showing up at all within the page editor. I just installed pagelines pro to have this functionality, and now its not there. Any ideas?