Sign in to follow this  
fshequin

box images question?

fshequin

Greetings thought I'd try the forums...did not see any answers that helped me in older issues. I'm using platform pro with platform pro base as a child theme.....and I'm trying to make the box image thumbnails be the width of the text in the box and have them appear not on the side or the top but on the bottom below the text. What is the best way to implement this? Any help is much appreciated... Kind Regards, Fred Shequine Business Technology Consulting

Rob
Fred, just to verify, the image placement should be BELOW the text in the box. Is that correct? Fortunately, boxes are flexible enough to handle this. However, it would seem to me that your easier solution would simply be to create a table and style it so that there's a row below the text cells ensuring that the images appear as you want them. I'll try to find you the best solution for boxes if that's your preference.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

fshequin
RangeLone...thanks for the quick reply...yes, I want the images on the bottom and would prefer to work with Boxes as opposed to tables...I want to hack the theme as little as possible and if there are built in overrides...either hooks or filters that would allow me to provide a different markup for the boxes that would be great and the desired best method. best, Fred

Rob
Fred, please provide a link to your site. Also, do you have Firebug for Firefox?

Rob
Oh, on a side note, tables would not require hacking the theme. They're added to the content area, not the functions or templates.

fshequin
OK...I see what you mean by adding tables.....but I kinda wanted to figure out how to override sections gracefully as I can see need for this occasionally...so am trying my own section.boxes.php file in the child theme's sections folder...I tried adding some code to this file located in the child themes sections folder to prove that I've got it under control, so far my code does not appear so I may not be doing this correctly. From the documentation it says to override core sections...simply make a copy of the section.[section name].php from the core and place it in the child themes sections folder and upload..now that section will respond to the child themes section file rather than the core theme's file...do I need to register this? Did not think so......in the case of child theme section overrides..... site: http://www.shequine.com/mediation/ Yes, Have Firebug, use it constantly...love it!

kastelic
When you o to edit your box, in the content editor where you have your text, simply insert your image using the image button in your wordpress editor. Use this instead of uploading a "box image" and you can have it display however you want.

fshequin
Kastelic, thank you that answered my first question and made the other less important! Nice and simple did not think of that.... Thank you very much for your help!