Sign in to follow this  
unconsultancy

Default boxes on posts page

unconsultancy

Site: http://www.unconsultancy.com I want the default for POST page to be NO BOXES However I need some POSTS to display BOXES (these need to be posts not pages because I have them in the carousel) The rather ugly workaround I am currently using Is: Set the default max no of boxes to display as 1 (it doesn't appear to accept zero in the default) The box displayed by default appears to be the most recent box created so I've created an empty box, no graphic Then on those posts where I do want to display boxes I can of course overide the default. Is there a more elegant way of doing this? Thanks

Kate
Another option is to just set the #boxes CSS to "display:none". Then, on the posts you want it to display, use the unique class that's assigned to the body tag of each page to specify that you want #boxes to show on that page. (Of course, the downside to this approach is it will still load on the other pages, even if it's not displayed.)

unconsultancy
Thanks. As I'm not good with CSS can you give me some code for the CSS code box to achieve the #boxes CSS to "display none" Would I then just be able to set the boxes to display or not on individual pages as normal?

Rob
You actually do that in the post or page setup. It's not CSS per se. Go to Dashboard > Boxes > Box Sets. Create a new box set called "no-boxes" (no quotes). Save it. This set will have 0 boxes. You then go to the page you're adding or editing. Scroll down till you see PlatformPro Settings. One of the tabs as options is Boxes. Click it. Then, in the drop down selection for Select Box Set to Show, you select "no-boxes". and save your page.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur