Sign in to follow this  
bmi2011

Why does dynamic.css file load after the child theme style.css??

bmi2011

I am trying to remove the left margin for class dcol_5, however the style for dcol_5 is set AFTER the child theme style.css. Any suggestions???

Rob
To answer your topic question, it loads after the style.css in order to override any previously loaded CSS before finalizing the page, thus ensuring that the CSS you wish loaded (presuming you want anything you added to CSS Rules added at all), to be intact. On more than one occasion I've been able to fix problems here by having people remove customizations they've added to .css files and place them in the CSS Rules. It's actually a brilliant system for ensuring that customizations are found in one place, since CSS may come from multiple locations. It also ensures that you can identify conflicts as coming from plugins in nearly 100% of recorded conflicts.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob
To answer the issue in the body of your post, please provide a link to your site.

bmi2011
Basically I learned you can make css edits to the style.css in the base theme and also in the Custom Code tab css section

Rob
You can, but the Custom CSS Rules will override anything in a static .css file.