Sign in to follow this  
cherylkemp

code to exclude plugin from feature slider?

cherylkemp

I'm using the sexybookmarks plugin. On regular pages and posts there is a checkbox to disable. This same checkbox option doesn't show up on the feature page options so sexybookmarks are showing in my slider. I've done a lot of searching to try to find a solution. I tried some custom css using firebug to find the elements but I couldn't get that quite right. After some more reading maybe I need to edit the feature page template? I found some code for a similar problem someone was having with sticky notes. It is: <?php if (!is_sticky()) {if(function_exists('selfserv_sexy')) { selfserv_sexy(); }} ?> to block sexybookmarks from sticky posts. Would something like this work? If someone could help me with the code I'd really appreciate it!

Rob
Cheryl, did you follow up on this one? http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/7622/features-sexy-bookmarks/p1

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

cherylkemp
Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't see someone had responded there. I tried a lot of variations with the css for #feature_slider and the display:none...all I got was the entire feature disappearing. I couldn't get the code right to just hide the shr-bookmarks part.

Rob
Evidently, others are having the same problem and that plugin doesn't seem to distinguish custom post types from regular posts. That's why it's showing up in the slider. I know you posted on WP's forums, but have you written to the plugin author?

cherylkemp
Yes. Guess I just need to have some patience but it seems like there should be a simple solution.

Rob
Cheryl, the problem with some plugins is that the authors don't react to known problems and offer solutions. Rest assured that if you're patient and flexible, someone else will make a similar plugin that doesn't have these problems.

Danny
Hi Cheryl, I think I used this plugin a few months ago and I had a similar issue, I think this resolved the issue but I can't honestly remember 100%. But it's worth giving it a shot. [code]#feature .shareaholic-show-on-load { display: none; } #feature .shareaholic-like-buttonset { display:none; }[/code]

Please search our forums, before posting!

cherylkemp
@danny hallelujah! That wasn't it exactly but you gave me the correct section to put it in which is what I was missing before. This works: [code]#feature .shr-bookmarks { display: none; } #feature .shr-bookmarks-bg-shr { display:none; }[/code]

Danny
Glad I could be of service :D

Please search our forums, before posting!

js004280
Hey all, I have the following code in my custom CSS, but am still seeing the Shareaholic bar show up on the features slider....any thoughts? body{ } #boxes .shareaholic-show-on-load { display: none !important; } #feature .shr-bookmarks { display: none; } #feature .shr-bookmarks-bg-shr { display:none; } #feature .shareaholic-show-on-load { display: none; } #feature .shareaholic-like-buttonset { display:none; } .form-allowed-tags { display:none; } Thanks! Josh

Gavin_
try adding !important as in #feature .shareaholic-like-buttonset { display:none !important; } that worked for me