Sign in to follow this  
bethstansell

Adding a carousel item after the loop

bethstansell

I'm attempting to load in a carousel of related posts/thumbnails after the loop on a post page. I've achieved it by placing the carousel item below the content area in the "Single Post Page" template. However, the carousel now spans the entire width of the canvas underneath the left sidebar as well. I'd like the carousel to occupy the space directly below the post content while having the left sidebar continue to extend down the length of the canvas area (to maintain the border I've applied to it) Any suggestions?

Rob
Try this. [code]#site{position:relative;} #carouselwrap{background:#444444;min-height:100px !important;position:absolute;width:100%;z-index:3;margin:0px;left:0;text-align:center !important;} .carouselcontainer{text-align:center !important;width:824px;margin:0 auto;background:#444444 !important;border:0px !important;} .home #contentcontainer{margin-top:123px !important;} #footer{background:#444444;}[/code] Adjust the numbers accordingly.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

bethstansell
Thanks, however it wasn't really an issue of the CSS involved. I can make the carousel "look" like it fits into the intended space, no problem. The issue arises from the 1 px border I have running down the side of the content area to separate it from the sidebar. With the carousel still technically being a separate section, the post content area ends before the carousel is loaded in, ending the border prematurely.

Rob
Beth, please provide a link to your site.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

bethstansell
I unfortunately can't as it's a client's site which hasn't gone live yet. For the time being, I'll settle for achieving a similar effect with CSS and perhaps pose my question again once the site is live and I can post the address. Thanks anyway.