Sign in to follow this  
ringo1

possible to add one line caption (date) to thumbnails in feature slider?

Rob
I'm pretty sure you can't. However, you could add it to the image title (the bit picking up the info that you see when mousing over).

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

ringo1
Hi Range, thanks for the reply. I have that showing up there. Was just wondering rather than putting it on the actual image.

Rob
I can't imagine how you'd do that without writing extensive coding language into the carousel with some interfact to the actual post. I'm not a coder, nor expert with the carousel, so maybe someone else has an idea. But as I can see it, this would be just very difficult. You could however, also search for different carousels that might permit you that luxury.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

ringo1
Thanks again... I looked at so many of them but this one was about the only one I could find that gave me the option to have a large image and a large body of text beside it. Might have overlooked something I'm sure.

kastelic
Here's one solution using CSS: [code] a[title="1998: Museum Center"]:after { content: "1998"; position: absolute; left: 216px; top: 104px; } [/code]

ringo1
Hey, that works... I'm curious as to how? Trying to learn this stuff. How did you? Other than having a guy do it for you. : ) I guess it references the title that's already there and then positions it under the image? ......Thanks

Kate
Altogether, yes: that's what the CSS code Jimmy provided does. ;)