Sign in to follow this  
diablo943

Unique Featured Slider for Specific Categories

diablo943

I am looking for a way of associating a unique Featured Slider on a Post Category basis. As far as I can tell, the are currently set up to be associated with Pages not Categories. Is it possible to associate them with Categories? For example, I would like to have a Feature Slider Set for my Classes Category and a different one on the Exhibits Category. Thanks in advance! Dave

kastelic
Not sure how to do this. It might be easier to create a page so that you can select your feature slider , and using a hook, put a now wp_query() at the top which will make only posts from that category appear. For example: [code] add_action('pagelines_before_the_loop','category_one'); function category_one(){ if (is_page('123')){ global $query_string; query_posts( $query_string . '&cat=1' ); } } [/code]

diablo943
Yeah. That makes sense and something I was considering as a fallback solution. So since I actually want to be able to apply a unique Featured Slider to 5 categories, make five Pages each customized for its specific Featured Slider and displaying only content from the relevant Category. Effectively duplicating the Category functionality, but adding the ability to apply a Featured Slider through the established Featured Set selection functionality. Since WordPress already has the ability to customize Category Templates, I was hoping to come at the problem from the opposite direction. Thanks kastelic. I will see if I can cludge together a solution based on your suggestion. Thanks, Dave