Sign in to follow this  
gayatriom

Trying to use Z-Index, but running into issues

gayatriom

So. my content area currently is designed in a way that my content area has margin-top:-110px; . It all looks find except now the first two links of my content are under the header area. When I change the Z-index of #header .outline to -15 instead of 15, my links work, but my menu links stop working. How do I make this work? Also I don't have any drop downs.

gayatriom
Having the problem on this page: http://justonekind.com/team-2

gayatriom
Hey Catrina I JUST figured it out :)! . I used: div#page-main.container-group.fix, #dynamic-content, .fpost .entry_content, a,p, #page-main .content{z-index: 100;position: relative;} and #header .outline{ position: relative; zoom: 1; z-index: 0; /* ie drop-down fix */ }

gayatriom
I basically had to add position:relative to the element i wanted on top so that it matched the header.outline . thanks for your response! this can be close.

gayatriom
Actually Catrina. Just discovered my secondary nav is not stuck behind the content! Any clues to how to fix this? z-index isn't working.

gayatriom
only the team options. so you go into team and then click on a person, then you can go back to read about another team member. Actually I could do that manually also.

gayatriom
Ok . sorry. close this. although my question isn't answered, i found another way to do this.

catrina
Is that what the links column on the page is for? Is that something you wanted separately from the secondary menu?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

gayatriom
hmm. i'm confused. I was using the secondary menu - for 'back to team' , which I need when someone clicks on a name.

catrina
I think I am, too. What I meant by the "links column" was the widget of links with the team members. I was wondering if that was something separate or part of the issue.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

gayatriom
haha.. still confused. but I'd like to just close this now.

Rob
Okay. Closing the topic for you. At any time you may reopen the topic or post a new one.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur