Sign in to follow this  
antonyw

Full width feature

antonyw

Hi, How do I make the feature full width - ie. no margin left or right? you can see the feature margin at www.transitionstrategy.co.uk Unlike the branding image the feature images are masked when increased in size thanks for your help

catrina
You would like the feature to touch both sides of the page canvas even though it hits the dark grey background?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

catrina
I don't think the feature can't be adjusted to be full-width, so the page canvas margins will need to get the adjustments. My concern is how that change will affect the overall look on the iPad.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

antonyw
I think you are right, i will try something else - thanks

Rob
Antony, you can do this actually by changing from just a background color to a background image. Take a look at http://www.epicurusinstitute.org. You'll see a minimal whitespace either side of the slider. View the Background Image. The whitespace is actually set on the background image. If I were to design the background image just a few pixels narrower, there would be no whitespace on the sides and the slider would be full width. Of course, if you meant to make the slider wider than the body of the rest of your site, then you'll need a different slider. Some will go 100% of the screen. others are limited to the maximum content area. Does this make sense? I am sure I'm not explaining it very well.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

antonyw
I do know where youre coming from, I will mess around with it and see what i can do - thanks for that