Sign in to follow this  
creativespark

Stop tags from showing at bottom of a page?

creativespark

Hi CSS Angels I've got a client that's terrified of white space so I'm trying to close things up a bit, and I'm doing OK except for one spot. http://electrotypetest.netdns.net/BTSC/ I'd like to reduce the space between the mcolumn/scolumn and the morefoot widgets. I notice in Firebug that there's an invisible Tags area in there and although they might want to tag the pages for Google later they won't want the tags to show on the page anyway. So I'd like to remove the cell from the page entirely. It's holding that space open on some pages (where the main content is longer than the sidebar). I'd be grateful for any suggestion for code. Kind of related but separately... I've tried to close the text widgets up in the main sidebar as far as I can, but I'd still love to reduce the current padding by about 50%... I just can't see what's holding them apart anymore. That one's not a big deal, just something I-would-if-I-could. =) best wishes Marc

catrina
Add this code to hide the tags: [code]div.tags {display: none;}[/code] I attempted to close up the padding between text widgets but there is a mysterious white space that appears to be overlapping the text widget content that is above (adding transparency to the background doesn't seem to be doing the trick either). Perhaps someone else can figure out a solution...?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Jenny
For the extra space, if I understand you correctly, you should be able to remove/reduce it using: [code].widget { margin-bottom: 0; }[/code] It looks like you already have this line your style.css file in PlatformPro but it has a value of 1em.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

creativespark
Thanks Catrina and Simple Mama... you ladies are fantastic! Both worked a treat! =)