Sign in to follow this  
davemj88

Remove Pageline Options for Different Roles

davemj88

I have multiple users on my site with different roles. I created two new roles with a plugin that allows creation of custom roles. One of the custom roles I created is a "Publisher" that has the capability to publish posts only, however, because they can publish posts they also are seeing the sidebar options to publish Pageline features, boxes and banners. What are the functions that control what roles are allowed to see Pageline options so that I can restrict my "Publisher" role from seeing them?

catrina
Hm, I'm not sure options on Dashboards can be selectively hidden for roles, but I did a Google search for hiding certain items on Dashboards and found this: http://diythemes.com/thesis/rtfm/remove-widgets-from-wordpress-dashboard/. I also found this: http://digwp.com/2010/10/customize-wordpress-dashboard/

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

davemj88
Thanks for the response Catrina. Those links only refer to widgets so that helps with some of the pageline options. I just want all Pageline options to be viewable by the admin only. Do you know what function adds the left-column options for "Features", "Boxes", and "Banners"?

catrina
Since Features, Boxes, and Banners are strictly PageLines-related options (not WordPress options), I think the code would need to be different. I'm not certain what that code would be, though. I'm guessing it would look something like this: [code]unset( $wp_meta_boxes['dashboard']['side']['core']['dashboard_features'] ); # Features[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

rick
Can I get some help with this issue as well. I want to hide all platform pro options from anyone that is not a site administrator - both in the admin panel and on the post page. Dave, did this code work for you? If so, where do I put it?

catrina
If Dave doesn't respond here, you can try messaging him (it might go to his e-mail if he has e-mail notifications on for his messages).

Designer | Catrina Dulay

amir
catrina, I have the same question. Couls you please let me know where I should add that code you are referring to? I mean this code: unset( $wp_meta_boxes['dashboard']['side']['core']['dashboard_features'] ); # Features I really appreciate your help.

Rob
Are you by chance looking for something like this? http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/advanced-access-manager/

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur