Sign in to follow this  
kellid

Why am I getting this Author Page parse error?

kellid

Hi again, Since it's not possible to add just ay template to PP. I'm trying to add an is_author clause to all is_author sections to have my author page show not only the posts but a bio/description and link to their website. I have this code that I've been trying to add to the section.postsinfo.php file but I keep getting this error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/modelall/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/sections/wp/section.postsinfo.php on line 65 This is the code I've been trying to add: function section_template() { if(is_category() || is_archive() || is_search()): ?>

<?php if(is_search()):?> <?php _e("Search results for ", 'pagelines');?> "<?php the_search_query();?>" <?php elseif(is_category()):?> <?php _e("Currently viewing the category: ", 'pagelines');?> "<?php single_cat_title();?>" <?php elseif(is_tag()):?> <?php _e("Currently viewing the tag: ", 'pagelines');?> "<?php single_tag_title(''); ?>" <?php elseif(is_archive()):?> <?php if ( is_author() ) { echo 'Get info for this author'; } ?>

About: <?php echo $curauth->display_name; ?>

Website
<?php echo $curauth->user_url; ?>
<?php echo $curauth->user_description; ?>

Posts by <?php echo $curauth->nickname; ?>:

<?php endif; ?>
  • <?php } elseif (is_day()) { ?> <?php _e('From the daily archives:', 'pagelines'); ?>
<?php the_time('l, F j, Y'); ?> <?php } elseif (is_month()) { ?> <?php _e('From the monthly archives:', 'pagelines'); ?> <?php the_time('F Y'); ?> <?php } elseif (is_year()) { ?> <?php _e('From the yearly archives:', 'pagelines'); ?> <?php the_time('Y'); ?> <?php } else {?> <?php _e("Viewing archives for ", 'pagelines');?> "<?php the_date();?>" <?php } ?> <?php endif;?>
<?php endif; } } /* End of section class */ I added the section from if (is_author) to
  • . Line 65 is the following line after my code but I don't see what the problem is with it. Can anyone help me please? Thanks a lot.

Simon
post your code in pastie or pastebin, its impossible to decode otherwise

kellid
i'm sorry, obviously never used this before. http://pastebin.com/umdjCNYk

kellid
Simon, I Love your Author page. I wanted exactly that but with a bio underneath of the author's name.

Jenny
Have you checked out this page: http://codex.wordpress.org/Author_Templates ?

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

kellid
I did. I created one, uploaded and was told by one of the moderators that it wouldn't work with the PP system?! So they advised me to to the is_author clause.

kellid
here is the updated pastebin url... http://pastebin.com/3WfGXHg0 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/modelall/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/sections/wp/section.postsinfo.php on line 65

kellid
I did. That line isn't even a line I edited. It was already there. When I try to remove, I get another error. still working on it. Thanks catrina.

Simon
http://pastie.org/2553739 <- working author archives page, enjoy!

kellid
you are exceptional Pross. I am so greatly appreciative :))