Sign in to follow this  
buffalo777

Website is down due to unknown error: see message

buffalo777

The website is www.lifetreemn.com The error is: Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/93/7256793/html/wp-content/themes/stationpro/pro/template_fboxes.php on line 8 The code in the location indicated in the error is: <?php foreach(pagelines('fboxes') as $fbox)> What is wrong and how can I fix it?

Jenny
I don't know too much about PHP but you're definitely missing the final semicolon. Try putting one after the last ) and see if that works. [code][/code]

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

buffalo777
I changed the code as you suggested so it now reads: However, now I am getting 2 errors: 1) The first error is near the top of the main page: Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/93/7256793/html/wp-content/themes/stationpro/pro/template_feature.php on line 6 2) The second error is near the bottom of the main page: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '>' in /home/content/93/7256793/html/wp-content/themes/stationpro/pro/template_fboxes.php on line 8

Jenny
What do you have in your feature boxes? Now that I re-read your original question, there shouldn't be any problems in the theme's files. (I thought you were putting that code in the box itself.) So please let us know what's in your actual feature boxes as that seems to be the problem.

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

buffalo777
Thanks for your help! I am really in a quandry because I was making a simple copy and paste change in the feature slide and everything just crashed. I've made this same type of change numerous times before so I can't figure out what happened. As far as the feature boxes, everything has disappeared. The boxes are gone and the slides are gone. I made the copy/paste change in the title of one of the feature slides. Then I opened the website and everything was gone and the error was there. I checked the dashboard again and everything was gone. All 4 feature slides and all 3 feature boxes...gone! Now when I try to add a feature slide or box, it won't show up right away...and it shows up empty. Also, all of the custom code I put in the "Theme Options" section is gone. It just disappeared! Did the system crash or what? How do I get it back because the dashboard is not working properly anymore.

Jenny
Go back and revert whatever you changed before (adding the semicolon) and see if that helps bring things back online.

Simon
line should read [code][/code] Make sore you have at least one feature or the foreach has nothing to loop through ;)

Jenny
@pross He apparently did have content in his features but now everything has disappeared. PS. And it's good to know I was close on the PHP. :)

buffalo777
Sorry guys but none of this has helped. I tried to restore from backup but nothing is working. Everything is gone and I can't even get the system to create more than one feature slide. The PHP you gave me is what was originally in there. So that wasn't the problem. I had already restored the PHP back to what you gave me. It didn't work before. I am so confused as to why it would crash like this all of a sudden. No code changes were made before the website crashed. The only change made was a simple copy and paste in the title area of the feature slide. Any more thoughts? Am I going to have to reinstall the site and rebuild it?

buffalo777
http://www.pagelines.com/forum/profile/pross Nothing is working...ideas?

Jenny
When visiting your site, it seems that everything is there except the boxes. Have you tried replacing the file completely with a fresh version (/html/wp-content/themes/stationpro/pro/template_fboxes.php)? Maybe something else was erased or added by mistake.

buffalo777
Wierd cause in Mac I am not seeing anything... I will check in Windows to see what you are seeing

Simon
There is nothing wrong with the file look if [b]pagelines('fboxes')[/b] is empty then php cannot loop through them to display. There has to be a problem with the features themselves, not the file that displays them.

buffalo777
I didn't just start setting this site up. It has been operating for the past 7-8 months without an issue. The feature boxes are gone because they just disappeared. All of the feature slide content also vanished. I checked the site on Mac and Windows. I also opened Wordpress in Safari, Firefox, and Explorer. Both OS formats and all 3 internet methods are exhibiting the same issues. The site was functional ever since I set it up last Feb/March. There is something wrong because there is no content on the main page. The "LifeTree" name is supposed to be a graphic I placed in there not the simple white lettering you now see. Is it possible Wordpress crashed? The Wordpress dashboard is also acting funky because it won't allow me to add feature slides.

Simon
Did you update wordpress? Did you try disabling all plugins THEN adding a feature?