Sign in to follow this  
sanlucasmedical

pagelines_add_page - Functions.php

sanlucasmedical

hi, I keep getting syntax errors when I add this line to the 'Functions.php' file, what am i doing wrong please? pagelines_add_page(???diabetess???, ???Diabetes Featured???);

Rob
Can you provide a link to your website? Thanks!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

sanlucasmedical
the domain is http://gastrohep.tv/ when I added the code to the fuctions.php i received the message Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /usr/local/pem/vhosts/107113/webspace/httpdocs/gastrohep/wp-content/themes/platformpro/functions.php on line 13

Simon
Never edit the main theme files, ever. Install the child theme platformbase, activate and edit platformbase/functions.php

Jenny
Make sure you remove anything you've added to the PlatformPro functions.php. If you've edited a lot, you would be best to download the theme again and upload the original functions.php via FTP. Then do as Simon suggested and activate PlatformBase and add your custom function to that functions.php.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

sanlucasmedical
I have activated the child theme but still the syntax error, sorry I am so new to this to add a new page is this the correct and complete code? pagelines_add_page('DiabetesB', 'Diabetes'); And where in the functions.php file shall I paste this code? thanks :-)

sanlucasmedical
I managed to figure it out, :-) thanks for the help your suggestion worked much appreciated