Sign in to follow this  
sanlucasmedical

Create a Page Template that Paginates Posts from a Certain Category

sanlucasmedical

hi, how do I go about this in PlatformPro please? I would like to Create a Page Template that Paginates Posts from a Certain Category thanks so much in advance for the help Warm regards

catrina
To clarify: You'd like to take an existing category page and pagination with page numbers or "next/previous" pagination?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

mdickermangenesisinternetcom
I have the same need. I have a very large blog with 4 main categories which are essentially different departments of the company. I need to make a custom landing page (Category page) for each one so that I can customize a "welcome text" area for each that is different for each main category. Each main category page would then also have the pagination feature. Typically I would simply create a category-name.php page and be on my way but since there are no "category template" pages in Platform Pro I am at a complete stand still on this assignment. Any advice would be steller!

sanlucasmedical
hi Catrina, I would like to create a new page and on this page display all posts under a specific category this way I can have a carousel at the top of the page and the posts later on in the page# your help would be highly appreciated :-) thanks in advance

sanlucasmedical
I would like to create a specific template which can handle this

Rob
There are a number of plugins available from http://www.wordpress.org/extend/plugins that will display lists of posts in a category on a page. By doing this, your page will automatically paginate. You can select the Carousel page as the template, ensuring you have a carousel on it... However, this will not ensure that the links in the Carousel will ONLY come from that category.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

sanlucasmedical
will this code work for this purpose? query('cat=3'); ?> have_posts()): $wp_query->the_post(); ?> query('cat=3&showposts=4'.'&paged='.$paged); ?>

Is there any way to create a custom category page for specific categories?

catrina
mdickermangenesisinternetcom , I think this calls for a separate forum topic since it's semi-unrelated to the pagination category topic. Can you please post this question in its own thread? :)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Yes, sorry about that...

kastelic
If you want to just have some custom text at the top of your category pages, the best way is to use a hook and insert your text via conditional tags or by using the category description. Here's an example. This must be pasted into platformbase/functions.php: [code] add_action('pagelines_inside_top_maincontent','category_intro'); function category_intro(){ if (is_category()) { echo category_description( $category_id ); } } [/code] This of course requires you to enter a description for each category in Posts -> Categories.