Sign in to follow this  
antonyw

in forum settings whats is a forum sidebar?

antonyw

things getting a bit wobbly with buddypress plugin installed. i am trying to use a forum sidebar -what is that? also my text is out of control in the sidebars and i dont seem to be able to fix it - the text in the bpress widgets www.transitionstrategy.co.uk and the sidebar login text - text in these widgets does not respond well to adjustments in sidebar width - i would like the widget font to be smaller how can i achieve this? thanks in advance for any help

antonyw
to be more specific can you tell me how to get the register shortcut and lost your password shortcuts on new lines below the login button - thanks - sorry ive put this note on the wrong question - this goes with my other one - now this makes no sense - apologies - please do your best with my request - thanks

catrina
Please add the following to Custom Code > Custom CSS: [code]ul.sidebarlogin_otherlinks {margin-top: 60px;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

antonyw
worked perfectly - thanks very much Any ideas on the forum sidebar and when the forum header image would appear when upoaded into the forums tab under the platform pro settings tab in dashboard - also is ther anyway of uploading/pasting screen shots into these posts - tried - didnt work - thanks again

catrina
You can upload your screenshot to imgur.com and post the url between the [img] and [/img] tags

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

antonyw
Hi i'm still struggling with the functionality and purpose of the 'forum settings' button under the platform pro options - any pointers here on how to se the options within - specifically adding an image to the blog itself the 'forum sidebar image' What is the forum sidebar and where,when,how etc does it appear with its image? Thanks in advance

Rob
Antony, those options make visible the fact that bbpress will create a 2nd sidebar. Read my post here about fixing my issue: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/13966/buddypress-bbpress-and-platformpro-solutions#Item_1 Buddypress/bbPress seem to want to control the sidebar and by default try to control the full width of your page, even if you have sidebars of your own. Normally, they just push your sidebar down. Some folks use bbPress on a fullwidth layout, allowing it to create its own sidebar designed via the settings tab you mention.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur