Sign in to follow this  
techhelper

Change location of Blog in Platform Pro

techhelper

Hi, Before I get started I am using PlatForm Pro. So I have been developing my website with the help of Questions & Answers from users within these boards. Thanks for that. The info has been very useful. I have reached a slight stumbling block though. My site is made up with "normal pages", by this I mean they are not blogs and do not ask for any user interaction (except for facebook/twitter like boxes, the usual search field, & some Google ads. I have not sure if I have created it the way it should have but it seems to work for me. All the pages are set as a Feature Page (my reasoning for this was that a feature page is a page that is not a blog) - I may be wrong here. Anyway, as I developed my website I have come to the stage where I would like to start my blog, have users log in using Facebook/wordpress etc & comment/like and even guest blog. So i have created a page and I have called it "Blog". Then I go and Add a new post. I publish these and apart from the control panel, I cannot see where my blog is posted. So my Question(s) are: * Where is the default location for the post? * How do i change that location and point it to my blog page? * Are there any tips/options that i should look out for? * Whilst we are at it what comment boxes with login features are highly recommended? Any help advice would be appreciated!! Regards, Nick

johndb
Hi @techhelper I'm no expert but I think I can help you. In Wordpress admin, go to; Settings > Reading In the section "Front Page Displays" you (may) have selected "A Static Page" and then selected your home page from the drop down menu. All you have to do now is select the page you want as your blog in the drop down menu for "Posts Page" and press save. This "Blog" page should already show up you your main navigation, so you posts will now be easy to find.

techhelper
Legend. That is exactly what I did. I can't believe I didn't find that myself. Thank you very much @johndb