Sign in to follow this  
jeanluc

Previous and next post ?

jeanluc

Hi, I am not a developper, and I fail to add a button or something else to use a previous and next function in my posts. Any help would be appreciate to explain how and where add the good code to achieve these functions. www.dico-du-vin.com Thanks, Jean-Luc

jeanluc
Humm, to go to a post: pick-up a category on the left (eg: A comme Abst??me) then choose a post (eg: Abricot (ar??me)). Now we see the full post, and it's the place I would like to have a button or text with "next post and previous post" :-) Thanks jeanluc

catrina
Are you referring to the post navigation inside a single post page? Do you want to turn those next/previous links into button images rather than regular text links?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jeanluc
Hi Catrina, thanks for your reply, Yes I am referring to the post navigation inside a single post page itself. Btw I am also interested by turning these links into button images. Presently if you have a look at one of my post, I have nothing at all, and it will be a great improvement if I can offer this kind of links to my visitors. I found some information in codex wordpress website (http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/next_post_link) not really sure it's the good function, and don't know where to place the code in the child theme. PageLines wrote something about WP Page-Navi (Pro) in PagesLines Doc, but not exactly how to install it. Thanks for your help. jl www.dico-du-vin.com

catrina
You need to enable post navigation first in order for it to show. Please go to Template Setup > select Single Post Content Area from the template dropdown menu and enable Post Navigation by dragging it to the left.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jeanluc
It works, thank you, I dont' know how to randomize this function? Will ask later, Jean-Lux