Sign in to follow this  
ari1

Remove Background Body Color? To only show my background image.

ari1

I can't seem to figure out how to remove the white "header/footer" gaps of white on my website. From what I understand these arent actually the header/footer but instead the background body color. I know how to change the color ( in the design controls), but I really want to just show my background image instead. It is very large and should be covering those white spots (this can be seen if you maximize the window, the image covers the width just not the height). http://www.ariflesch.com/ I'll sum up my question again. How do I remove the white bars on the top and bottom of my website? If anyone could help me find a solution to my problem I would be very gracious. Thank you.

catrina
Try adding this CSS code to Custom Code > Custom CSS: [code]body {background-color: none;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Rob
Ari, How did you remove the Pagelines Logo? The Div remains intact, with a blank space there. This is causing the footer to remain active. Let me know how that was done and we'll undo that, then remove the logo the right way so the footer comes to 0px.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

ari1
Rangealone, I removed the code: <?php echo THEMENAME;?> by PageLines from the footer code section. I read that on a forum post, I believe you wrote it. I am going to add the code back in now.

Rob
Which theme are you using? I wrote that, I believe for WhiteHousePro.

Rob
Ari, Go to Dashboard > PlatformPro > Custom Code and in the CSS Rules, add the following: [code]#cred {display: none;}[/code]

ari1
After updating a few times, it seems the leaf is gone. But the gaps are still there on top and bottom

Rob
Ari, I found the following in your header: [code] [/code] It may be coming from some customization or a plugin.

Rob
Try this to remove the whitespace at the top: [code]div.branding_wrap {margin-top: -23px;} #primary-nav {margin-top: -20px; margin: auto 0px;}[/code] Adjust the numbers accordingly.

ari1
Ugh sorry. I added that code but the whitespace isn't affected. I changed the values from everything between -300 to 500 to no avail. Duplicated that and tried with the bottom but that didnt work either.

ari1
So you have as much info as possible. These plugins are active: Akismet, Hello Dolly, Jetpack by WordPress.com, Morfeo Video Gallery, NextGEN Gallery, Per Page Sidebars I am using the full width design framework.

Jenny
I believe that changing it to fixed width design framework will remove the top and bottom. It's part of the layout.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

ari1
This issue has been resolved thank you to jenny and rangelone