Sign in to follow this  
mguevara

Adding search bar to search results page

mguevara

So, I have my page which is http://wwww.fedesarrollo.net/ , Whenever I do a search, it takes me to the search results page, for example this one http://wwww.fedesarrollo.net/?s=cultura&x=0&y=0 but if you can see, whenever I get the search results page I dont get again the search bar on top of the page just likle in the home page. Does anyone has an idea of how to get the bar on top of the search results page?

catrina
You can add a search bar to a widget inside a sidebar (Appearance > Widgets) so that it shows up on the search results page.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

mguevara
Is there a way to do this without the widget? The problem with the widget is that it will show up on all the pages that have the secondary sidebar i.e. Do you know if there is a way of doing this by css code?

catrina
The widget can be adjusted to only show up on the search page and hide everywhere else (using CSS).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

mguevara
do you have the css code to adjust it to only show in the search page? I would definetely love that!

Jenny
Why don't you just uncheck the box to hide the search bar (Theme Options -> Header and Nav)? Then your search bar will show up and always appear on your search pages. And FYI, the search bar appears when your search term has no results, but it does not appear when your search term displays results. Do you have Hide Sidebars When Empty (no widgets) (Theme Options -> Sidebar Options) checked? That may be your culprit.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

mguevara
Because if I do that, then on all pages on my site the widgets that I am not using will appear. and I only want the search bar to appear on the search results page.

kastelic
Once you have the widget activated, use Google Chrome to right-click and inspect to find a unique class or id associated with it. Then you can use this CSS to hide it on all pages except search pages: [code] #your id { display: none } .search #your-id { display:block } [/code]