Sign in to follow this  
antonyw

Positioning image in branding section

antonyw

Www.transitionstrategy.co.uk Having discovered firebug I thought moving the branding image around would be a piece of cake but I think buddy press has thrown a spanner in the works. My layout is set at 960 wide, my image is 960 wide, but my site appears to be 980 wide. Also I can't find the right code to set the margins/padding. I want it aligned with the top and left and right. Thanks again for your help

antonyw
Thanks for that, it moved the image into the middle but there is still a margin top, left and right. How can i get rid of the padding or margin? Is it padding or is it margin ? :)

antonyw
Ok I managed to 'bodge' it into place with, img.mainlogo-img {margin-left: -50px;} img.mainlogo-img {margin-top: -26px;} But there must be a better way to remove the padding altogether .... Or something...... I also now have to make a larger image to compensate for the big gap on the right....all a bit messy..any ideas welcomed....

catrina
The solution you worked out is great. I think another alternative would be to adjust the margin and size of the page canvas (the white area) - perhaps shrink it.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

cornell2
I am struggling with this ... how to create the banner effect like this other pagelines site (or at least it was posted in the pagelines forums as an example) http://talentdiner.com/caagdev/website/ I tried something similar on my site but I just can't seem to tweak the settings right (uploading a wide jpg banner does not seem to be all too efficient) one other problem is that when I try a very wide banner (branding image) and shift the margin-left: -xxx ...I can make it look good in some browsers but others (particularly safari, and on the ipad) are really messed up. I don't think it is the browsers. I think it is my approach and in how I use (or misuse) pagelines ... suggestions?