Sign in to follow this  
jlsc

Copy wrap around thumbnail? Headline size and padding?

jlsc

Hi. I'm brand new to PlatformPro. So far, it's been a really exciting alternative to my previous WP theme-editing fumbles. I have a couple questions. If you're so gracious as to respond, please explain your answers like I'm a three-year-old :) Thanks in advance. - How can I change the font size of the post titles? Also how do I decrease the padding between the post title and the body of the post? -On the homepage, I'm using magazine mode to show excepts of the full post. Is there a way to make the text wrap around the bottom of the thumbnail so there's not empty space below the thumbnail? Similarly, can I control how long or short the except copy is? The site I'm working on: Makeanddogirl.com

catrina
[quote]How can I change the font size of the post titles? Also how do I decrease the padding between the post title and the body of the post?[/quote] You can change the font size and padding of the post titles by using custom CSS (added to PlatformPro settings > Custom Code > Custom CSS). The CSS should look something like this: [code]h2.entry-title a {color: #XXXXXX;} div.post-title {padding-bottom: -5px;}[/code] [quote]On the homepage, I'm using magazine mode to show excepts of the full post. Is there a way to make the text wrap around the bottom of the thumbnail so there's not empty space below the thumbnail? Similarly, can I control how long or short the except copy is?[/quote] The best way would be to adjust the line spacing (spacing between lines of copy) so that some of the text falls under the thumbnail. You can control the length of the excerpt copy by adding this filter to your functions.php file (located in Appearance > Editor), but first, you'll need to make sure that PlatformBase (the child theme) is enabled. Do you have it installed/activated?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

poseyg
jlsc, You might find it helpful to get a copy of Firebug to use with Firefox: http://getfirebug.com/ With this you can identify the css that you want to change, for example: To change the size of the title: .fpost .post-title h2 { font-size: 1.3em; line-height: 1em; margin: 0; padding-bottom: 0; text-transform: none; } To decrease the padding: .fpost .post-excerpt { margin: 0.1em 0; } Simply place this in your "Custom CSS" in Pagelines. Hope this helps, poseyg