Sign in to follow this  
afilmdork

Thumbnail Image Size

afilmdork

Hi all, I'm attempting to customize image thumbnails to two different sizes: 1) For the lead, full-width feature post (in this case, "Shudder") I'd like the thumbnail image to span the main column (say width: 540px and height: 200px); and 2) For the older post thumbnails (such as "5 Things I Learned In Parenting Class This Week") to span the custom boxes I have built (same proportion as above, but smaller). All titles and text would appear below the respective images. Is there a way to separately control the image sizes of the thumbnails vs. the image as it appears on the individual post page? Do I have to edit the image to size in photoshop to fit both the desired thumbnail size and the individual post page size? I appreciate the guidance, as I'm sure I'm covering a bit of wp settings and image editing in my query as well. Site is: www.beermebaby.com Thanks any and all for the help! D

catrina
I think you will need to add different img classes for each type of thumbnail image you want. That way, the classes could be customized using CSS.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

afilmdork
I love that idea! Now, how do I do it? :) I'm a newbie, so be gentle...

Rob
First, download a copy of template.postloop.php from your platformpro theme (not platformbase). Look for [code]
[/code] a few lines down, the default thumbs, shown in the magazine format and categories, etc is [code] [/code] Change the 40, 40 to whatever number you wish, BUT, remember that the bigger you make it, the more digitized your image will look if the original uploaded was small. Make sure the images you used as Feature Image are large. Upload the file to platformbase. As for Catrina's suggestion, with which I concur, check this forum post. http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/6596/changing-sizes-of-thumbnails-excerpts/p1

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

afilmdork
This maybe should be a separate query, but... Is there a way to drop the post titles (and meta) below each thumbnail?

Rob
In response to your last query... in a word... yes. This requires some customization. It's more than I can handle. You'll probably need to change the template and add some custom CSS. I'd strongly suggest you contact one of our pros at http://www.pagelines.com/pros

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur