Sign in to follow this  
urbanimatic

Two different box sections on the same page

urbanimatic

Hi there, How can i add two box sections on the same page ? I need to add different pagelines hooks to both of them so i might need to create a new box section....is there anyway i can do this ? If not any suggestions ? Thanks, -Stelios

mstmarie1
http://www.pagelines.com/docs/custom-sections for creating custom sections. Alternately, you could use a Box section and a Soapbox section, then use custom CSS to restyle the Soapboxes.

urbanimatic
Hi mstmarie1, I can create a custom section...but what i need is my client to be able to change the content using boxes sets. Do you know how can i create a custom section duplicating the original boxes ? so i could use the admin options ? or even duplicate the boxes admin options as well(with a different name or something like that )? Thanks in advance

slingr
Can't you just create a new box set that includes all the boxes you need?

urbanimatic
Hi slingr, Unfortunately I cannot because you can add only one set per box section and with only one section available per page(which is my problem) then i will be able to display only one of the box sets. Am i wrong ? Is there something i'm missing ? Edited: Oh you mean to create only one box set ? but i need to add different pagelines hooks on each set..that's why i'm trying to create two different sections for them.

Rob
Stelios, The problem with adding a new set as Slingr suggests is that you can apply only one box set per page. You can add a soapbox as Mstmarie suggests, but that might not work for you as they're really intended to be just two per line. Theoretically, the way to get multiple "boxes" on a page is to create tables. It's what I did on my site. The good things about tables are that you can create a header for each, add images, borders, backgrounds, curved borders or backgrounds without images and include content from almost any source using RSS feeds. You can also have as many columns as you'd like with tables, where boxes will max out at 5 per line before wrapping. Tables only wrap within cells. You can also apply a very wide range of CSS directly to the individual tables, rows and cells, which won't affect other tables on a page. Hence you can have as many differently styled tables as you like. Check my homepage out, and look at the source: http://www.epicurus.com

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

ryanopaz
amazing there is no solution that I can find to this. Why wouldn't this be a feature? I found one thread that said it would be coming in the future. Today is "a future" is it here yet? :) Would be heaven to have a set of boxes on top of each other...so that you could create various grid layouts.