Sign in to follow this  
johndb

Full screen width colour for branding/header

johndb

Using PlatfromPro, with Full-Width design with Canvas, I want the colour of the branding/header to be different from the canvas and span the whole screen. Does anybody know how to do this? If so can the header have its own (full screen width) background image? Thank you.

mstmarie1
The true beauty of the Pro design is that it is sooooooo customizable, but you HAVE to know your CSS. Check out the branding section of this site I'm putting together: http://instantmediaservices.com/bistro Check out the footer too. I know what you're trying to do though, but the answer is no, but yes. The branding section is the width of the canvas, but the CSS is broken up into layers, so you can have a different background on the body, a different background on the page, and a different background in the canvas. You just need to have the right tools to produce these designs.

johndb
Thanks @mstmarie That's pretty much what I want to do with my site. What tools do I need to produce the designs? If the Mod's wouldn't keep marking my posts as answered, somebody may have shown me how to do this. Instead I now have to stumble around in CSS.

slingr
You might try this thread and see if any of the fixes work for you: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/11835/full-width-header/p1 BTW, even the moderators here acknowledge that this Forum's search function really doesn't work. You're better off searching in Google "pagelines: whateveryou'researchingfor".