Sign in to follow this  
Gavin_

Logo alignment in IE

Gavin_

Hi good people of pagelines. On this website I am building I have used absolute positioning for the logo and SM icons. On my Mac in Firefox, Chrome and Safari it looks fine and aligns correctly. On a PC in IE 7 & 8 and Firefox it pushes over to the right On IE 9 it pushes over to the left http://79.170.44.83/curo.co.uk/ Can you please help me know how i can correct this. Thanks.

Kate
Sometimes IE is picky with absolute positioning. Are you comfortable modifying the code? If I remember right, one solution is to simply add a div around the absolutely positioned item. (This may have been the solution for a float issue, though... But, it's worth a try ;) )

mstmarie1
Add this to your custom code: #site #fullwidth_sidebar .content, #site #brandnav .content { position: relative; } You'll need to reposition the absolute elements. The thing with absolute elements is that its immediate container needs to have its position defined. If not, some browsers will assume you want it positioned from the right or left of the screen.

Gavin_
That worked - funny thing is i had the fullwidth sidebar as relative but not the brandnav - good spot. would someone be so kind to look at this in IE and let me know that it is aligned correctly?

mstmarie1
It is spot on in IE! Is it happy hour yet?