Sign in to follow this  
danrfisher

How to make a website point to one of my pages by default (home page)

danrfisher

My site is leadershipjudgment.com -- This is probably painfully obvious but I want the first tab on the header (page) to be the default home screen when the site loads. In other words, I want www.leadershipjudgment.com to point to "The Instrument" by default. Again, I apologize if this question has been answered before but I had little luck using the search feature. Thanks

Rob
No problem. Go to your admin section (Dashboard).... scroll way down till you see "Settings" on the left. Click on "Reading". There, you'll see a radio button (circle) with an option for "A Static Page". Make sure the radio button is set to that. A drop down box below it for Front Page is below. Select "The Instrument" and save. Go to your Pages section (above, left) and create a new blank page with the template you wish to use normally for the blog... name it blog. Go back to Settings > Reading and select the blog page for the Posts Page. Save again. Logout, view your website and hit the refresh button (F5 on a PC). Now, your Instrument page will be the homepage.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur