Sign in to follow this  
missyjknox

Background Image CSS

missyjknox

***PLEASE SEE SIGNATURE FOR SITE INFO*** Hello, here is the CSS I am using to place the image: body.page-id-1477 #page-canvas { background-image:url('http://acedoubleyou.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Home.png'); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:center; } How do I remove the columns on each side of the image? If I don??™t use background-repeat:no-repeat; the columns disappear, but the image repeats, which I don??™t want. Thanks in advance

Rob
The columns are not columns, they're the background color of the main content area. The color matches the color on the link at the bottom. One way to do this is to make the image the full width of the content area. You find that by going to the Dashboard > PlatformPro > Layout Editor. it's the number at the very bottom in a box. Usually 960, or anything you increased it to. Just edit your image and add even amounts of space on either side with the same background color. Alternatively, you can try to set the page's background color to that purple.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

missyjknox
Hey Rangelone, expanding the image worked. Thanks again.

cherylkemp
I've been trying to find something that shows how to do a background color behind the post or pages like you have acedoubleyou.com set up. Can you share the code of how you made the background purple?

Rob
Cheryl, You may change the background color through the Settings in whichever of our themes you have. You may also create very wide background images with specific colors, as you wish, or, you may also create smaller background images (with or without patterns) and tile them. I use a very "monumental" background at http://www.epicurusinstitute.org and at my food site, I tile a single very wide image at the top only http://www.epicurus.com/ Pageline's themes and Platform provide great flexibility for you to apply colors or images as your background.

cherylkemp
Thanks for the extra info though! I like the backgrounds you have. I might need to play with that.

Rob
Feel free. I make my own, but there are millions of free backgrounds out there.

missyjknox
Rangelone, I need you again. I uploaded a background image to compliment all pages except the home page we discussed earlier in this post. But, the image was also placed on the home page, and it actually looks nice. However, I now have that same canvas space where the previous image once was. So, I'd like to either bypass having the background image on the home page and do something totally different, or keep the background that exists and get rid of the canvas/content area. Any suggestions?

Jenny
Change the background on the home page using: [code] body.home { background: whateveryouwanthere; } [/code] Hide the current content background using: [code]body.home #page { background-color: transparent; }[/code] Either of those [i]should[/i] work. :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

missyjknox
Hey SimpleMama, this did the trick: body.home #page { background-color: transparent; } Thank you much!