Sign in to follow this  
Rob

Buddypress Forums Homepage

Rob

Hi, Buddypress provides a means to include the specific loop for creating a static homepage for your installation, allowing you to select from a range of the Buddypress components, such as Activity, Groups, etc. You can find that resource here: http://codex.buddypress.org/developer-docs/custom-buddypress-loops/ I opted to use the Groups loop and tried to add this two ways to a page: 1. Via a shortcode, created with Shortcode Exec PHP plugin 2. By directly adding the code to the HTML view of a page. Either way, I received the following when I set that page as my static homepage in Settings > Reading

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/epicurus/public_html/discussion/wp-content/plugins/shortcode-exec-php/shortcode-exec-php-class.php(893) : eval()'d code on line 1
Where exactly should I be placing this code? It doesn't seem to be appropriate as a hook in functions.php because it would add the groups function to everything. Ultimately, the question is how do I make the BP Groups page the static homepage for my discussion section, or the Activity stream if the Groups are not possible?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

kastelic
Can you show us the exact code that you used in each case?

Rob
Sure, [code]
  • /

[/code] As I said, this was tried as a shortcode as well as directly into the page via the HTML editor. My expertise doesn't extend yet to editing template files.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur