Sign in to follow this  
christycollins

LOST ALL FILES at IPOWER the host of my wordpress site

christycollins

Tried making some changes at my host (IPOWER) this morning. Must have typed something wrong, because I couldn't get into my wordpress/wp admin page. Anyway, I have since reinstalled wordpress to my domain name and I am in the process of uploading my .xml exported/backup file that I was lucky enough to have remembered to do. Still, I don't know how to properly use it. Any suggestions? I have reinstalled platformpro and them the .xml, but it looks like I have alot of work left to do over....

christycollins
What a mess. I have looked at this more and have the .xml file uploaded. I can see that it does not put everything back as you had it. HOW CAN I KEEP THIS FROM HAPPENING AGAIN???

christycollins
Biggest problem I see right now is that my widgets are not coming back up. Any idea here?

christycollins
Ok - Im getting there. Amazing how much easier this is the second time around. Hardest thing now is this... Is there an easy way to link all the pictures back up. I did save all of my uploaded pic files and reuploaded them. Now is there an easy way to get them to link back up. AGAIN - WHAT STEPS DO I TAKE TO KEEP THIS FROM HAPPENING AGAIN????

Rob
First, be very careful, slow and steady when taking actions and always remember that for every action there's an equal and opposite reaction. Best practice is before you act, read the screen, stop, take a glass of ice water or something cold and non-alcoholic and read it again. Why? Because the cold will refresh your mind and crisp your attention. Unfortunately, there's no real way to re-associate images in bulk and because of the way the databases work, you may not have such an easy time. UNLESS.... you can read the XML file on a text editor and can match up the images to your current posts pages and images. Then making the links should be fairly easy and quick. And don't panic. I've done MUCH worse than you did! All too often.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

christycollins
Please tell me the proper way to back up when I have a site hosted completely by IPOWER. I don't have a site folder on my computer. I just started worked directly on the web and didn't use Bitnami or anything like that. I suppose I'd just feel better if I knew I have a copy somewhere. Thanks for all the other help.