Sign in to follow this  
marcaflalocom

PageLines CSS Question, Placement of Boxes or MoreFoot

marcaflalocom

If you take a look at www.thevergeonline.com/wp/ I have found the CSS required to move the sidebar where i want it to be. however, i need to place either a set of three boxes or the MoreFoot option directly beneath the Feature Slider. I don't want any page content on this page as its the homepage, just the boxes to make a nice homepage with the sidebar on the left, feature slider nicely where it is (800px) and boxes below it. Any help would be appreciated, i cannot find the answer anywhere in the forums.

mstmarie1
I think this will boil down to using a different page template for the home page, adding the sections you want in the template editor, and clicking off the sections you don't want in the page itself.

marcaflalocom
That's not exactly the goal, its the physical on screen position of the MoreFoot boxes or boxes that needs to NOT span the entire width of the 960px, i need it to span 800px and only appear on the screen to the right of the sidebar, and underneath the features. Take a look at the page. www.thevergeonline.com/wp

Sourena
As the previous person said I think you need a new page template.

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

Rob
@marcaflalocom I think the problem is that neither boxes nor the morefoot components are designed to fit within the content area. Doing so will ultimately disrupt them and prompt them to squeeze too tightly to add content with any value. However, you have several options. One would be a plugin called DivUp which divides up the main column (content area) and effectively gives you boxes you can configure any way you like, somewhat like tables. The other would be creating actual CSS styled tables. Inside the selected cells, you can add dynamic content via a variety of shortcodes through a wide variety of plugins.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur