Sign in to follow this  
profoundtigger

how do i display image in static page?

Rob
May we have a link to your site? When you say you want an image, do you mean a page or a post? In pages, you may simply add images, as you would in posts by clicking "Add Media" (looks like a TV box) above the WYSYWIG editor. Pages do not have Featured Images as Posts do. Please let me know more precisely what you wish to achieve and I'll happily assist.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

profoundtigger
www.profoundtigger.com I want the image on the actual static page for each post. I tried using the feature image to see if the image will show up on my static page but no luck.

profoundtigger
Ok, sorry for my confusing question, I'm not a very good at web savvy. After a little research what i wanted to do is i wanted my featured image to show at the static page.

kastelic
Just click the little Image symbol above the text editor to add an image. You can select your featured image from the media library.

profoundtigger
I'm trying to align the feature image with the text, the alignment feature in feature image wont align no matter which alignment i want. I want the image to be align within the text. Thank you!

Rob
Please provide us with a link to the page that isn't aligned correctly.

profoundtigger
www.profoundtigger.com The front page is where i'm referring to. I want the featured image to align within the text. using the featured image option to align does not work one bit.

catrina
What do you mean specifically by aligning the featured within the text? Where do you want it exactly (i.e. above the post copy text)?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

profoundtigger
yes, above the starting of the text and below the author, date, comment. Sorry for all the confusing I'm a illiterate when it comes to these things.

Rob
Everyone has trouble describing their tech support issue clearly. Don't feel bad. Spelling is Categories, not Catagories. At the moment, looking at your site, I don't see a slider at all.

kastelic
To do this you will have to modify the template files. You will need to activate platformbase. Then copy template.postloop.php into the root of platformbase. Then you can modify that copy to suit your needs. Look at line 43 of this file, you will see this code which outputs the featured image: [code]
[/code] You just need to move this block of code OUT of the post-meta div and place it where you want. Then its a matter of CCS to align it correctly.

kastelic
You will need to access your site via FTP to do this. This is after you have activated the Base Child Theme. http://www.pagelines.com/docs/base-child-theme

profoundtigger
okay i've copied the template.postloop.php onto platformbase. "You just need to move this block of code OUT of the post-meta div and place it where you want. Then its a matter of CCS to align it correctly." what do you mean by move this block code out of the post-meta div? and after thats done whats the css code to align it where i want it?

catrina
That block of code needs to be moved because it contains the featured image. You can move it to where you want it (i.e. below the block of entry text). Since it's probably not going to be positioned exactly where you want it to be, that means you need to use CSS (but this CSS code can be determined after you reposition the featured image code).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

profoundtigger
Okay thats done, now on the left side there is a huge unwanted white gap that i dont need. Also how can i resize the image to normal instead of using 150x150? Lastly, after everything is done should i replace the new template.postloop.php from base to pro? Thank you all for helping! this became such a nightmare for me.

Jenny
Wherever this is added: [code]margin-left: 183px;[/code] It needs to be removed. That is your issue. Check your custom CSS.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Jenny
I can't tell where the code is called but it looks like custom code of some kind. Hopefully someone else has an idea where it's at.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.