Sign in to follow this  
Khepri

Custom code for bbpress Forum Plugin?

Khepri

I got my Platform pro working well with BBpress but there are a couple of challenges: 1 I can no longer get reputation to work with the plugin version of the forum, even though it worked beautifully with the stand alone version; should I just drop it? I found the code that I need changed using firebug but I cannot find the proper place to change it. I have looked in the bbpress plugin directory and in the platform pro directory and it is a complete mystery. Should I try using custom code area? and if so which selector syntax? BEFORE ssbefore.jpg AFTER AFterss.jpg CODE ANY SUGGESTIONS? I have gone over this for hours and I am at the end of the rope.

✔There is no perfect recipe for success! 
✔There is no failure, only feedback. 
✔There are no mistakes, only rainbow bridges to insights and wisdom. 

Danny
Can you provide a link please?

Please search our forums, before posting!

Khepri
Here is the test site: http://thespiritscience.net/spirit/forums/forum/spirit-science-solarium-of-knowledge/ Thank you!

Rob
Is Buddypress also installed?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Khepri
No, I removed it a week ago. I am using the plugin version. Thank you for your efforts. I appreciate it.

Rob
Ah... so the timing of the change occurs when you removed or shortly after you removed Buddypress. Is that correct? Do you still have BP Compatibility in your Tools menu? The two were integrated? This likely stems from a piece of code in your database that is looking for Buddypress or some component thereof and not finding it. I had a similar situation on my site recently and had to manually delete the groups I had created and reinstall them to make forums work in the groups. The reason was that in the database, there were 'hooks' (not the same as Pagelines Hooks) associating forums with Buddypress groups. Unfortunately, there's no plugin or collective way of doing that. It had to be done manually.

Khepri
No....don't say that. As I laugh to myself in psychosis...I just reinstalled it to see if that would help. This is crazy making. I just need to know where to proper css file is because firebug seems to be tracking it somewhere that does not exist. The bottom picture shows what it will look like when i make the changes in css so all I need from pagelines is the proper directory to make the change. I hope that they help me this time.

Rob
JD, I'm about to cry myself into draining a 75 year old bottle of scotch. And I don't drink! If the CSS you need to add doesn't work in PlatformPro > Custom Code / CSS Rules, I'm not sure where to apply it. As I said, quite seriously, looking at the actual database (please do, via phpMyAdmin), you'll see that bbPress and BuddyPress (which doesn't actually leave the DB when uninstalled) create connections between each other. Buddypress looks at forums and topics inside groups and bbPress looks at groups the forums and topics are tied to. Many plugins fail to clear out of the DB when uninstalled, deactivated or deleted, even with the built in WP deletion tool. This, I assure you, isn't a PlatformPro caused issue. I'm not saying you need to wipe out the entire DB... I promise! But you need to understand what it's doing and how each piece is functioning with the other. Make sure bbPress isn't looking for something in Buddypress that's not active now. And the DB might tell you where bbPress is looking for CSS.

Khepri
I uninstalled and I am working on becoming a Vanilla convert. Where is the worship room?