Sign in to follow this  
garethdaine

Tertiary Sidebar

garethdaine

Hi Folks, Does anyone know the hook required to render the tertiary sidebar in a custom template/section? Cheers. Gareth

Kate
Hey Gareth, Once you register the custom template, it should show up in the dropdown under Settings->Template Setup. From there, you can drag and drop items onto that template.

garethdaine
Thanks and yeah I do know about this but there is no Tertiary (3rd) sidebar in the list of sections? I've got the template showing, but I need to know the hook to render the 3rd sidebar via PHP so I can put it in my custom section.

garethdaine
I should mention that I'm rendering the 3rd sidebar in my blog template.

kastelic
If you set your page as a right-sidebar type of page in the Meta Settings, all you need to do is activate the tertiary sidebar in the Sidebar 1 section in Template Setup. You can select "hide by default" in its Advanced Settings" and then select it to show on your pages meta settings. No need for any PHP calls.

garethdaine
Hi, Thanks for the reply, I've managed to get it working to some extent. I have the 'Primary Sidebar' and the 'Tertiary Sidebar' setup on 'Sidebar 1'. I have the 'Primary Sidebar' set to 'Hide by Default' and show on 'Posts Page' and then the 'Tertiary Sidebar' set to 'Hide on Posts Page'. It works to some extent but on inner BuddyPress pages it's not hiding the 'Primary Sidebar' as set to do so by default, for example on the public profile page. It does however hide it on top level pages in BuddyPress, such as 'Groups'. Any ideas folks? http://www.amigojoemusic.com.

Rob
You could use Widget Logic to hide the widgets in that sidebar from the pages you're creating. This can also be useful within the sidebars you want to show, to hide widgets you may not always wish to appear, such as ads or content specific links, etc.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur