Sign in to follow this  
kellid

Adding Author Page

kellid

Hello again, The site is JUST about done and hopefully you will be done with me and my questions. Thanks in advance. I'm trying to add an author page for each of my authors, there are several. When I search around, they call to make a copy of the archive.php or index.php file and edit that but the index.php file has very little information and I can't find an archive.php file. I'm assuming I would edit the author-template file but how could I make is so that the Author's name at the end of the post is link to their own page showing a bio. I like the "visit my website" under the Author name and would like to keep it as such but also put that on their own page. Can anyone lead me in the right direction? Sincerely, The pain

catrina
There is this tutorial but I don't think it's exactly where you're looking for: http://codex.wordpress.org/Author_Templates Do you want these author pages to link from the author name links that are listed in the metabar of the posts?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

kellid
Yes! Hey Catrina. Yes, I've seen that tutorial but I wasn't sure about that one. Do you think it could get me to where I'm trying to go with this?

catrina
Since PlatformPro doesn't use an author page, it'd have to be created. Also, by default, the author name link in the metabar links to all posts written by the author, so that would need to be configured too.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse