Sign in to follow this  
108master

nextGEN or Carousel

108master

I'm trying to build my portfolio page and can't find any comprehensive tutorials or info on how to work with nextGEN or Carousel. I installed the nextGEN plug-in and uploaded 10 images and would like the gallery to be displayed on a portfolio page I'm in process of building. I see the note about adding the following code [nggallery id=x] to the page, but when I do it says there is no gallery. I'm thinking I need to put something in place of the "x" ? that will link to my gallery? Do I have to create a new page or can it be dropped into my existing page? Are there any info or tutorials as to how to create a gallery on a page not a post? I looked through several of the discussions but they didn't seem to address my exact question. Thanks so much!

catrina
You will need to enable Carousel by going to Template Setup (in the PlatformPro settings), selecting a template to put it in, and dragging the Carousel section into that template.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

MrFent
The [nggallery id=x] code can be used anywhere. If you are going to use that code instead of the Carousel, you need to replace the "x" with the gallery ID number that you want to use. if you only have created one gallery, the ID number is probably "1"

108master
Thank you both for your replies. I've been out of town, but am now ready to dive back into get my gallery set up. Fingers crossed!