Sign in to follow this  
frontier

Timeouts and Blank Screens

frontier
http://www.bryantsummit.com.php5-25.dfw1-2.websitetestlink.com/ I am on a cloud hosting that emulates linux with php 5.2. I do most of my editing on a mac with safari for dashboard and firefox for front end firebugging. Hi. I have had a recurring issue with a few different sites. The first time i thought it was just a single incident plug-in issue. But i am having the same issue on a completely different build with a different, widely used plugin. If i leave the dashboard open and idle for a period of 4-5 minutes or so, then i click a link, the page goes completely blank. When i refresh. all seems back to normal. I also have issues with the pagelines settings getting stuck in "SAVING..." and never finishing. I hit save again and it works, but i wonder if this is somehow breaking something. This timeout behaviour also carries over to my front end when i have one of these two plugins enabled. The plugins that I think are causing conflicts are WP e-Commerce Events Manager Both have very large numbers of downloads and good user ratings. I have tried the method of disabling ajax saving and making css inline. Also tried deactivating then reactivating the themes. It feels like there is some sort of permissions issue that i am overlooking, but im not super learned in the realm of developing. The backend part happens regardless of the plugins so i feel like its not totally all on the plugins. Thanks

kastelic
I haven't used Events Manager but I have used WP-ecommerce on Pagelines sites without a problem. This sounds like it could be a hosting issue. I will mark this for the developers who will probably ask for the server error logs or something along those lines, to help pinpoint the issue.