Sign in to follow this  
lvcnj

Freeze Main Navigation

lvcnj

Is there a way to freeze main navigation so when you scroll up/down on a page -- the main navigation/header is still visible?

kastelic
Yes, you can set any element to position:fixed to do this in CSS. You will probably have to do some more styling and/or positioning to get it how you want it though.

lvcnj
Thanks -- I am not a programmer so sorry for the questions --- Lets say I want the top Navigation (I assume it would be the header) fixed globally What would be the code I write into the custom css box in Platform Pro? (and how would I reverse without having to reset everything) Thanks

Danny
Hi Lvcnj, I actually tried to give this ago last night and I added the following to my custom code in Platform settings: #header { position:fixed; } Now this worked to some degree, the header elements were fixed but if you try it, you will see the issues you have when adding this css. Like Kastelic mentioned, doing this will require a lot more styling,

Please search our forums, before posting!

Kate
You would just need to remove (or comment out) the custom CSS.

lvcnj
tried it in firebug --- jeez. You figure something that should be simple and highly requested (mind you) -- should be included as an option. I have no clue how to do this now --- it seems like you need to figure out how to move every page below the navigation header

Rob
Did you go to Dashboard > PlatformPro >Custom Code and add that snipped in an earlier reply to the CSS Rules area? That should apply it to every post, page, category, search result, archive or other component. If you don't have success, you can return to the same place and simply delete that snippet. Make sure to save whether adding or removing code.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur