Sign in to follow this  
acephysio

Align Google Plus to the right of branding icons

acephysio

My website can be viewed at www.acephysio.ca I would like the google plus icon to the right of the other branding icons, and I would like the spacing and sizing to look sharp. The code I used to add the google plus icon was added to my 'functions.php' file and looks like this: --------------------------------------------------------------- add_action( 'wp_head', create_function('','echo "";')); add_action( 'pagelines_branding_icons_start', create_function('', 'echo "";')); --------------------------------------------------------------- Thank you

acephysio
I'll just add, it seems to look worse in google chrome & iphone, but not so bad in explorer or firefox. The right corner of my navigation menu looks funny too, I'm not sure if the branding icons have anything to do with this. Thanks to anyone who can help

kastelic
Try changing "pagelines_branding_icons_start" to "pagelines_branding_icons_end"

acephysio
Hi kastelic, that didnt work, just made the icons fall off the screen and looked pretty bad. I have since hired a CSS editor however he is struggling to get this to work as well. Any other suggestions? Thanks

Danny
Hi Ace, I just give this an attempt and managed on my site to get it working and aligned with the other branding icons. Here is what I did, First thing I did was add this code to "Header Scripts" in Platform Setting >> Custom Code. [code][/code] Then I added this to my Platform Setting >> Custom Code >> CSS Rules: [code].g-plus { display: inline-block; margin: 2px -30px 0 0; }[/code] and finally added this to my functions.php located "/wp-content/themes/platformbase" [code]// Google+ to Branding // add_action('pagelines_branding_icons_start', 'google_plus_one_integration'); function google_plus_one_integration(){ ?>

Please search our forums, before posting!

acephysio
Thank you DannyH! That was great, its gotten me very close, I just need to figure out how to align all of them further left so that the youtube icon doesn't get pushed over the edge. Definitely owe you a beer, I paid different coders over the last few days and got nowhere, your explanation should be a tutorial, it was simple and perfect!

acephysio
I did it, I just needed to increase the width of the icon div. Danny H you are the man!!

williampowell
I added this code you suggested in the places you mentioned Danny, but I saw no change on my site. I also don't see where I can adjust the code so it points to my G+ page. Any help?