Sign in to follow this  
wharfie123

404 Error on Homepage and lost Blog Page

wharfie123

Hello all, I am new to the world of Word Press and have some problems that no amount of googling/hair-pulling will fix. The following problems are occurring on the site I'm helping to develop: www.walshvisa.com.au HOMEPAGE The homepage displays a 404 error, and I can't find in my dashboard where I edit the content for it. Is there such a place, or do I have to redirect to a different page (aka one I create called 'Home')? BLOG PAGE Basically I can't create a page which displays the posts I create. At the moment I have a menu button linking to a category of posts (that I've called Blog), but ideally I wanted to create a page which would display this info. I cannot select the 'Posts Pages' template setting when I'm creating a new page. Any help with this would be very much appreciated. Thanks, Damien

jenniferlumpkins
Hi Damien, For your homepage: In your wordpress admin section under the setting Pages-Add New Page. Create the page with all the information and styling that you desire. Save and Publish it. Then under your settings tab click on reading. There you will see an option that says "Front Page Displays" Select the option static page and under the drop down menu select the page you just created and save changes. Now, for the blog page that you want to show your posts on this plugin should do the trick http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/pages-posts/ Stay Blessed!