Sign in to follow this  
orientsee

How to create a unique sidebar for each page?

orientsee

I would like the sidebar to display unique different content that I choose to show along with each page. This is not a blogging website. I have a product with detailed text information in the main content area but I would like to show an image in the sidebar relating to that specific product. That would be different for each possible page.

Jenny
This is more of a Wordpress related question. Perhaps this thread will help you: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-display-different-sidebar-on-different-pages

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

poseyg
An easy solution to this is to install the "widget logic" plugin. It allows you to determine which page the image your images show up on. Also, if you are using just images for these widgets, I would also get the "image widget" plugin...which makes this a no-brainer.

danoah
Hey poseyg, I've installed Widget Logic, but can't seem to configure it right. Could you help me out? I want to a certain widget to appear on every page except for my dear dan pages (danoah.com). There is the dear-dan page, the dear-dan category page, and individual posts within dear-dan. This is the code I've come up with: !is_category(12) && (!is_single() && !in_category(12)) && (!in_page(dear-dan)) However, this widget does NOT show up on individual post pages. What am I doing wrong? If I understand it correctly, how I've written it should show up on every page except those above, right?

Kate
Well, "!in_page(dear-dan)" should be "!is_page('dear-dan')". Really, that should work by itself I think :)

dsekulovic
In my case Widget Logic does not work on the page I define as the "Blog". Giving it that pages ID does work. (side note: Once a page is defined as the Blog page, Features also does not work, it displays all the Features but not the Feature Set.) Kate, I have the suspicion you might have the answer. :) Thanks

samyone
you could found here a soluce : http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/8378/widget-logic-conditional-tag#Item_4

dsekulovic
Yes, I manage to define specific pages, but never the page assigned as the "Blog" page. The id for my blog page is is_page('571'). Using that does not work. If I post a widget without any widget logic field the widget will appear on all pages including the "blog" page.

kastelic
You can try using is_home() or is_front_page() Check here for a description of conditional tags: http://codex.wordpress.org/Conditional_Tags

dsekulovic
The saga is over! :) is_home() works!!