Sign in to follow this  
jimtron

Morefoot widgets: text alignment problem.

jimtron

I'm using Platform Pro and PlatformBase 1.4.1. I have a small line of text in the Morefoot left widget, and another small line in the Morefoot right widget. But the two lines are not balanced--the one on the right is too far left (it should go slightly beyond the horizontal rule at bottom of page; the left side text starts just before the rule). Here's the site: http://peerhere.com/test/ I'm referring to the email address and ?© line at bottom. Do I need to add some CSS somewhere?

Jenny
That's because widgets are left-aligned by default. All you need to do is edit the text in your Morefoot Right widget to right-align the text by adding inline CSS: [code]style="text-align:right;"[/code]

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

jimtron
Thanks! I can put that CSS inside the textbox in the widget? I tried that but the CSS shows up as text...I also tried surrounding that code with brackets <>...also tried span tag...I seem to be missing something...or should this go in the custom code box?

Jenny
You can try putting the whole thing in a div. So it would look like: [code]
all photos © Jim Newberry
[/code] If that messes up your layout, then use this in your custom CSS: [code] .dcol.lastcol .dcol-pad {text-align: right;} [/code]

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.