Sign in to follow this  
profoundtigger

comment system not showing up

Rob
I had the same problem. Go to Dashboard > Settings > Discussion and make sure your check boxes allow anyone to comment. Also, in particular, make sure that the "Automatically close comments..." is unchecked. That turns off any comment form after the time set in that line.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

profoundtigger
yes, i tried deactivated other plugins. I know the comment system works fine whenever i create a page the comment system would show up. However, i just created my first post and for some reason the comment system is not working on a post. I've recall reading somewhere that pagelines disables commenting on single post, maybe im wrong. Would that be the case?

Jenny
Glad you were able to figure it out! And if you can provide us with what you did, perhaps it will help us answer a future question. Thanks!

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

mstmarie1
@profoundtigger Please post your solution to this issue. I'm having the exact same problem on one of my installs and it's driving me crazy! Thanks!

mstmarie1
Oh drat, that's actually where mine is, and my comments still aren't showing up. I'll make another thread.

mstmarie1
Yeah, it's in there too. Comments are enabled in the WP Discussion section too. Weeeeeird.