Sign in to follow this  
garethdaine

Sidebars...

garethdaine

Is there a way to only show the secondary sidebar, rather than the primary one. I basically have different widgets on each, and I'd like to use different sidebars based on what page I'm on. Cheers.

catrina
You can hide or display the primary sidebar using the PageLines section control settings on the right side of your page editor.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

garethdaine
Yes, I understand and do know how to do that but then how do you show only the secondary sidebar, say for example on the left hand side. If you have it setup to display 2 sidebars then hide the primary, there is just white space where the sidebar used to be.

catrina
The width of the main content can be adjusted to fill that space. It can be adjusted only on that page so that the width on other pages won't be affected.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

garethdaine
Tried that, it doesn't want to work, expands to the right plus for those with css/javascript turned off the sidebar will still show?

catrina
The sidebar's width could be increased to fill the empty space instead of increasing the width of main content. Other than CSS and disabling the secondary sidebar completely, the only other way I can think of would be to create a custom template enabled for the page to show only the secondary sidebar but then that would require CSS again because the main content width would need to be adjusted to fill the empty space.

Designer | Catrina Dulay